- Prepare your stay
GPS coordinates: Longitude: 3.0333300 Latitude: 43.3333015
The port of Capestang, still very active, offers all the conveniences you expect. This picturesque town of 3000 inhabitants is one of the milestones of the Canal du Midi. Wine cooperatives and cellars to visit. Lots of restaurants and shops. All types of accommodation. Markets Wednesday and Sunday mornings on the Place Jean Jaurès.
On the quayside
Port services: water, electricity, showers and toilets, washing machine, dryer, gas cylinders. Valance House: Internet Point with open access, WIFI (free first half hour), a local produce shop with exhibitions.
• Port office VNF. Tel :+33(0)4 67 39 21 66
• Maison Cantonnière (Canal communities information), 1 Quai Elie Amouroux. Tel : +33(0)4 67 37 85 29 - www.tourismecanaldumidi.fr
• Mairie, Place Danton Cabrol. Tel. : +33(0)4 67 49 85 95 - www.ville-capestang.fr
• The church of Saint-Etienne and its thirteenth-century bell tower (43 m high).
• The fourteenth century castle (fifteenth century painted ceiling): former palace of the archbishops of Narbonne.
• The Etang of Capestang, origin of the town's name (Cape Town of the Estang, "the head of the étang"). Wildlife
• Saisse Bridge from the seventeenth century, one of the lowest on the Canal.
• Piétat Bridge from the nineteenth century with its steel beams.
• Boat rental
• HAPIMAG, Port de Capestang 34310 CAPESTANG Tel : +33(0)4 94 26 72 72 - www.hapimag.com