- Prepare your stay
Day 1: Beziers
Spend a whole day discovering Béziers. In the morning take a stroll to visit the main monuments in the town centre : St Nazaire Cathedral, The Garden of The Poets, and works of Béziers-born sculptor Injalbert, Alley Paul Riquet, and the narrow, shadowy medieval streets.
After lunch -downtown-, visit of the Madeleine church, famous in Béziers for the tragic episode of the Cathars Crusade and the slaughter of the population of Béziers (1209). By the end of the afternoon, strange, astonishing visit of Béziers “Old cemetery” and its grandiose sculpted tombs.
Meals and accommodation in downtown Beziers.
Day 2: Excursion “here and there”
- One day in the vineyards: in the countryside, just inland from Béziers, have a stroll in the renowned and antique local vineyard. Visit the castle-abbey of Cassan castle and enjoy a wine tasting.
- One day in Carcassonne and its famous medieval fortified city. On the way back to Béziers, visit of Minerva, a village once destroyed during the Cathar Crusade, and its “heretics” burnt alive.
- Visit of the so-called “Clape hills”, of the village of Gruissan and of the roman-medieval Narbonne
- On day for gastronomy : visit a shellfish farmhouse and the Sète fishmarket.
- Downtown located Hotel
- good idea of “ecological short stay”
- Straight in the heart of the Languedoc-Roussillon region, one can add several days of visits, in places like Perpignan, Narbonne, the Cathar castles, Montpellier, Nîmes .....
Approximate price per person in double room (based on a group of 30 people at least)
Without transport: € 210.00 (depending on season)
The price includes :
Accommodation and semi-board (drinks, tax included) in a 3 *** hotel in Beziers, three regional lunches (wine and coffee included), the services of an english speaking tour guide throughout the trip, entrance fees to the sites and monuments on the program, wine tasting.
Prices depend on the tourist season. For a higher or lower number of participants, or to choose another hotel category, please contact us.
Reservations at 00 33 4 34 53 57 66 or 00 33 6 89 57 41 31